Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Perinatology
- Diagnostic errors | AHRQ Patient Safety Network.(Available at:)Accessed April 4, 2019)
- Diagnostic errors in the pediatric and neonatal ICU: a systematic review.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2015; 16: 29-36
- Products - Data Briefs - Number 320 - September 2018.(Available at:)Accessed April 4, 2019)
Ely D. Fetal, perinatal, and infant mortality. Presented at the: Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Infant Mortality. Division of Vital Statistics; National Center for Health Statistics, December 4, 2018. Available at: https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/advisory-committees/infant-mortality/meetings/12042018/Fetal-Perinatal-IM-Ely.pdf. Accessed April 4, 2019.
- Infant mortality statistics from the 1999 period: linked birth/infant death data set.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2002; 50: 1-28
- Admission of term infants to neonatal intensive care: a population-based study.Birth. 2007; 34: 301-307
- Epidemiologic trends in neonatal intensive care, 2007-2012.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 855-862
- Association between neonatal intensive care unit admission rates and illness acuity.JAMA Pediatr. 2018; 172: 17-23
- Infant mortality by age at death in the United States, 2016.NCHS Data Brief. 2018; : 8
- Malformations due to presumed spontaneous mutations in newborn infants.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 19-23
- Estimating the birth prevalence and pregnancy outcomes of congenital malformations worldwide.J Community Genet. 2018; 9: 387-396
- Rapid whole genome sequencing and precision neonatology.Semin Perinatol. 2015; 39: 623-631
Improving Diagnosis in Health Care. Committee on Diagnostic Error in Health Care; Board on Health Care Services; Institute of Medicine; The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Balogh EP, Miller BT, Ball JR, editors. Washington, DC: National Academies Press (US); 2015.
- Diagnostic errors in the neonatal intensive care unit: a case series.AJP Rep. 2018; 08: e379-e383
- Cognitive bias in inpatient pediatrics.Hosp Pediatr. 2014; 4: 190-193
- Diagnostic error in internal medicine.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 1493-1499
- Patient record review of the incidence, consequences, and causes of diagnostic adverse events.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1015-1021
- Bias: a normal operating characteristic of the diagnosing brain.Diagnosis (Berl). 2014; 1: 23-27
Croskerry P. Diagnostic failure: a cognitive and affective approach. In: Henriksen K, Battles JB, Marks ES, et al., editors. Advances in Patient Safety: From research to implementation (Volume 2: Concepts and Methodology). Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2005.
- Cognitive overload in the ICU | AHRQ Patient Safety Network.(Available at:)Accessed May 31, 2019)
- Translational cognition for decision support in critical care environments: a review.J Biomed Inform. 2008; 41: 413-431
- Cognitive load theory, learning difficulty, and instructional design.Learn Instr. 1994; 4: 295-312
- Cognitive biases associated with medical decisions: a systematic review.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2016; 16https://doi.org/10.1186/s12911-016-0377-1
- Seen through their eyes: residents’ reflections on the cognitive and contextual components of diagnostic errors in medicine.Acad Med. 2012; 87: 1361-1367
- Anchoring bias with critical implications | AHRQ Patient Safety Network.(Available at:)Accessed May 7, 2019)
- Recent advances in prenatal genetic screening and testing.F1000Res. 2016; 5https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.9215.1
- Clinical diagnosis by whole-genome sequencing of a prenatal sample.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 2226-2232
- Chromosomal microarray versus karyotyping for prenatal diagnosis.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 2175-2184
- EUROCAT Prenatal Detection Rates: prenatal diagnosis of 18 selected congenital anomaly subgroups for registries with complete data from 2013 to 2017.(Available at:)Accessed June 7, 2019)
- Prenatal diagnosis of inherited metabolic diseases.West J Med. 1993; 159: 374-381
Field D, Boyle E, Draper E, et al. Towards reducing variations in infant mortality and morbidity: a population-based approach. Southampton (UK): NIHR Journals Library; 2016. (Programme Grants for Applied Research, No. 4.1.) Chapter 3, The Late And Moderately preterm Birth Study. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK349423/. Accessed June 7, 2019.
- Differences in mortality between late-preterm and term singleton infants in the United States, 1995–2002.J Pediatr. 2007; 151: 450-456.e1
- Rapid whole-genome sequencing for genetic disease diagnosis in neonatal intensive care units.Sci Transl Med. 2012; 4: 154ra135
- Development of a pipeline for exploratory metabolic profiling of infant urine.J Proteome Res. 2016; 15: 3432-3440
- Overconfidence as a cause of diagnostic error in medicine.Am J Med. 2008; 121: S2-S23
Schiff GD, Kim S, Abrams R, et al. Diagnosing Diagnosis Errors: Lessons from a Multi-institutional Collaborative Project. In: Henriksen K, Battles JB, Marks ES, et al., editors. Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation (Volume 2: Concepts and Methodology). Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2005. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK20492/. Accessed September 19, 2016.
- Assessing clinical reasoning: moving from in vitro to in vivo.Diagnosis (Berl). 2014; 1: 111-117
- Cognitive sophistication does not attenuate the bias blind spot.J Pers Soc Psychol. 2012; 103: 506-519
- Checklists to reduce diagnostic errors.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 307
- Collective intelligence meets medical decision-making: the collective outperforms the best radiologist.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0134269
- Overcoming diagnostic errors in medical practice.J Pediatr. 2017; 185: 19-25.e1
- Improving diagnostic reasoning to improve patient safety.Perm J. 2011; 15: 68-73
- Surpassing ourselves: an inquiry into the nature and implications of expertise.Open Court Publishing Company, Chicago1993
- Genotype–phenotype correlation — promiscuity in the era of next-generation sequencing.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 593-596
- BAG3 myofibrillar myopathy presenting with cardiomyopathy.Neuromuscul Disord. 2015; 25: 418-422
- The endemic mimic: blastomycosis an illness often misdiagnosed.Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2014; 125: 188-203
- Perinatal thoracic mass lesions: pre- and postnatal imaging.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2015; 36: 501-521
- Unusual presentation of fetus in fetu in triplet pregnancy mimicking abdominal wall defect.Case Rep Perinat Med. 2015; 4: 135-136